WELCOME

For everyone who love classical stories
from many centuries until millenium
with some great story-teller around the world
these is just some compilation of epic-stories
that I've read and loved so many times
... an everlasting stories and memories ...

Translate

Thursday, January 7, 2016

[ Event ] : "2016 CLASSIC READING PROJECT"

Goodbye 2015 and Welcome 2016 !!

Last year (only couple days past) did not gave me great achievement in term reading classic, or you can say it ‘terrible-works’ simply because I could only manage to read 4 classics and 2 review for a whole year. This beginning of 2016, I do make a new resolutions including my progress in classic project. So I choose to participate in 3 up coming event for a whole year (one of them even takes more than a year).


~ BACK TO THE CLASSIC CHALLENGE 2016 ~

Host by Karen from Books and Chocolate
[ Details & Rules check at here : Master Post ]
This is my favorite challenge and last year I must regretly absent from it, and now I’m back on the game (^_^)

GOALS IS TO COMPLETE THIS CATEGORIES :
  • A 19th CENTURY CLASSIC : any book pulished between 1800 – 1899
  • The Scarlet Letter – Nathaniel Hawthorne ( 1850 )
  • A 20th CENTURY CLASSIC : any book published between 1900 – 1966  
  • Animal Farm – George Orwell ( 1945 )
  • A CLASSIC BY A WOMAN AUTHOR
  • Persuasion – Jane Austen ( 1817 )
  • A CLASSIC IN TRANSLATION : any book originally written published in a language other than your native language
  • The Kreutzer Sonata - Leo Tolstoy ( 1889 )
  • A CLASSIC BY NON-WHITE AUTHOR
  • Musashi – Eiji Yoshikawa ( 1935 )
  • AN ADVENTURE CLASSIC
  • The Lost World - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle ( 1912 )
  • A FANTASY, SCIENCE FICTION or DISTOPIAN CLASSIC
  • Fahrenheit 451 – Ray Bradbury ( 1953 )
  • A CLASSIC DETECTIVE NOVEL
  • And Then There Were None – Agatha Christie ( 1939 )
  • A CLASSIC WHICH INCLUDES THE NAMES of A PLACE IN THE TITLE
  • A Tree Grows in Brooklyn – Betty Smith ( 1943 )
  • A CLASSIC WHICH HAS BEEN BANNED or CENSORED
  • Lord of the Flies – William Golding ( 1954 )
  • RE-READ A CLASSIC YOU READ IN SCHOOL (High School or College)
  • Farmer Boy – Laura Ingalls Wilder ( 1933 )
  • A VOLUME of CLASSIC SHORT STORIES : This must be one complete volume, at least 8 short stories. It can be an anthology of stories by different authors, or all the stories can be by a single author. Children's stories are acceptable in this category also.
  • The Murder in the Rue Morgue & others tales – Edgar Allan Poe ( 1845 )

~ THE PIKWICK PAPERS READ-A-LONG ~

Host by “O” from Behold The Stars
[ Details & Rules check at here : Master Post ]
This is quite intriguing challenge, simply because the event start on March 2016 until November 2017 ... I don’t how to manage my time (and ‘moody’ mood-reading) for challenge this long, but still, I’m eager to try at least for the very beginning.

~ THE WOMEN’S CLASSIC LITERATURE EVENT ~

Special Project by The Classic Club
[ Details & Rules check at here : Master Post ]


Again, I’m feeling awful by neglecting my classic project for over a year (only reading 4 books in 2015), so now I’m eager to catch-up my pace within this event, althought is not quite a reading challenge, still this event gave me another goals for personal reading project. Are you interesting to joining with me ?

That’s it \(^0^)/ so many this year hahahaha, hopefully I will finished all of them by the end of this year #fingercrossed

Best Regards,
@HobbyBuku

No comments :

Post a Comment